- Does DVR Hard Disk Support Hot-plug Function
- Question: Does hard disk installation support hot-plug function, and does it requires jumper settings?
Answer: When installing hard disk, jumpers should be set and make one of the disks as the maser disk and the other as standby. And it can not be hot inserted or pulled. If you need to replace the disk, you should shut down the machine.
- Black Screen Appears in Preview
- Question: Black screen appears in monitoring picture, what’s the reason?
Answer: Check whether the video signal of video server is normal or not.
- Mosaic Appears in Preview
- Question: What’s the possible reason of mosaic in monitoring picture?
a. Please check the utilization ratio of system CPU. If the average value is more than 60%, then it indicates that too much thread are opened for the system, and the CPU is overload.
b. Please check the network bandwidth.
- Preview Failure
- Question: Why does it fail to preview the picture?
Answer: Possible causes:
a. CCD camera is not power on or there is something wrong with video wire (or not well connected, loosened or broken),
b. Setting error of IP address and related channel number, or wrong protocol selection (at present do not support MCAST), please check “local setting”,
c. video server is shutdown or starting up, please use PING command of the operation system to check,
A Chinese terminal can be connected to Console port of the equipment. After diagnosis mode of the system set, you can see various promoting message of system running.
- Other Questions
Software of client has quite high requirements on CPU and display card. CPU should be PIII or above (Saiyang series in the same grade are also ok), display card should support hardware Blt stretch & Blt shrink (such as ATI and TNT2 PRO).
When using Hikvision’s software of client machine, do not use Media Player, lest influence the system.
Stressed colors are recommended for display card setting 16-bit support real multi-color 32-bit, do no support real multi-color24-bit.